    SubjectRe: [announce] [patch] ultra-scalable O(1) SMP and UP scheduler
    > > In fact it's the cr3 switch (movl %0, %%cr3) that accounts for about 30%
    > > of the context switch cost. On x86. On other architectures it's often
    > > much, much cheaper.
    > TLB flushes are expensive everywhere, and you know exactly this and if you

    Not every processor is dumb enough to have TLB flush on a context switch.
    If you have tags on your tlb/caches it's not a problem.

    > Again, the history of our UP scheduler thought us that noone has been able
    > to makes it suffer with realistic/high not-stupid-benchamrks loads.

    Apache under load, DB2, Postgresql, Lotus domino all show bad behaviour.
    (Whether apache, db2, and postgresql want fixing differently is a seperate

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:15    [W:0.036 / U:6.572 seconds]