    SubjectRe: ISA slot detection on PCI systems?
    Maciej W. Rozycki <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>:
    > > If you find an MCA-bus, you can suppress most (but not all) ISA-cards
    > > too (some of the cards support MCA without having any extra MCA-related
    > > code in the drivers, such as the eexpress-driver, but I can help with
    > > such a list if necessary.)
    >
    > Shouldn't the drivers depend on "CONFIG_ISA or CONFIG_MCA" then? Just
    > like CONFIG_DEFXX depends on "CONFIG_PCI or CONFIG_EISA"?

    Yes, that's almost the right solution (CONFIG_ISACARDS or CONFIG_MCA).
    I'll add

    require MCA != ISA_CARDS

    to the rulebase. Not that there are a lot of MCA machines out there but
    every little bit helps.

    An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one
    may have to back up his acts with his life.
    -- Robert A. Heinlein, "Beyond This Horizon", 1942