    SubjectRe: ISA slot detection on PCI systems?
    On Thu, 3 Jan 2002, David Weinehall wrote:

    > At least MCA and NuBus can be autodetected, and I'm fairly confident
    > the people behind the VME-bus and TurboChannel weren't stupid either,
    > so those can probably be autodetected and probed too.

    The TURBOchannel is currently DECstation-only, so it can be easily
    deduced by the system type from /proc/cpuinfo (Alphas have it there as
    well, so if the Alpha port is ever finished there should be no problem).
    You can have a Qbus-TURBOchannel bridge on certain VAX systems, so it
    would have to be detected separately once (if) supported.

    I'm not sure if it's worthwhile to implement /proc/bus/tc or whatever as
    there is likely nothing in the userland to need that info ever and for
    diagnostics the firmware and the startup log are sufficient. If useful,
    it would be trivial to code, though.