    SubjectRe: ISA slot detection on PCI systems?
    On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, Eric S. Raymond wrote:

    > My logic would then be: if the box has PCI, and DMI shows no ISA slots,
    > and the motherboard is not on the exception list, then suppress ISA
    > questions.

    What about CONFIG_BLK_DEV_FD, CONFIG_SERIAL and CONFIG_PARPORT_PC? ISA
    devices of this kind are still often present in systems even if no ISA
    slots exist. Actually CONFIG_BLK_DEV_FD is purely ISA and it uses ISA DMA
    (so it requires kernel/dma.c, which is ISA-only).

    An example of such a system stands next to me now -- no ISA slots but all
    of the above devices.