    SubjectRe: Two hdds on one channel - why so slow?
    In article <> you wrote:
    > In my experience, SCSI is not cost effective for systems with a single disk.
    > As soon as you go to 4 or more disks, the throughput of SCSI takes over unless
    > you are expanding a pre-existing workstation configuration.

    IDE Scales fine to 8 Channels (aka 8 Drives). Anything more than 8 Drives on
    an HBA is insane anyway.

    I love the FC-to-IDE(8) Solution. You get Hardware Raid with 8 Channels, each
    drive a didicated channel, thats much more reliable than usual 2 or 3 channel
    SCSI Configurations.

    Do you realy run more than say 10 hard disk devices on a single SCSI Bus,

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:15    [W:0.020 / U:9.224 seconds]