SubjectRe: Two hdds on one channel - why so slow?
In article <> you wrote:
> In my experience, SCSI is not cost effective for systems with a single disk.
> As soon as you go to 4 or more disks, the throughput of SCSI takes over unless
> you are expanding a pre-existing workstation configuration.

IDE Scales fine to 8 Channels (aka 8 Drives). Anything more than 8 Drives on
an HBA is insane anyway.

I love the FC-to-IDE(8) Solution. You get Hardware Raid with 8 Channels, each
drive a didicated channel, thats much more reliable than usual 2 or 3 channel
SCSI Configurations.

Do you realy run more than say 10 hard disk devices on a single SCSI Bus,