    Alan Cox wrote:

    >>A "small stuff" maintainer may indeed be a good idea. The maintainer could
    >>be the same as somebody who does bigger stuff too, but they should be
    >>clearly different things - trivial one-liners that do not add anything
    >>new, only fix obvious stuff (to the point where nobody even needs to think
    >>about it - if I'd start getting any even halfway questionable patches from
    >>the "small stuff" maintainer, it wouldn't work).

    And then we are still just discussing here how to get things IN. But
    there apparently currently is
    nearly no way to get things OUT of the kernel tree. Old obsolete drivers
    used by some
    computer since archeologists should be killed (Atari, Amiga, support,
    obsolete drivers and so on).
    Just let *them* maintains theyr separate kernel tree...

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:16    [W:4.044 / U:0.028 seconds]