    SubjectRe: that virus thing....
    Date

    matti.aarnio@zmailer.org said:
    > No. It means the real message originator, invisible because that
    > system apparently does not retain Received: headers, sent out:
    > From: <Administrator>
    > and VGER was the first machine receiving it, and following the letter
    > of RFC 822 about fully-qualified addresses in visible headers, and
    > qualified a non-qualified one...

    It's too early in the morning for reading RFCs. Does RFC2822 say you should
    add your own domain to unqualified addresses in non-local mail, or just
    say that unqualified addresses aren't legal?

    If the latter, rejecting the offending mail would seem more appropriate
    than adding '@vger.kernel.org' to it.

    Might also be useful to stop any mail with null reverse-path from getting
    to the list - or do we already do that and the ones that slipped through
    couldn't even get that right?

    --
    dwmw2