    SubjectRe: Wanted: Volunteer to code a Patchbot
    At 04:46 PM 30/01/02 +0100, Daniel Phillips wrote:
    >On January 30, 2002 04:28 pm, Rasmus Andersen wrote:
    > > Somehow, I totally forgot the security disclaimer for some of
    > > the points. Obviously, mindlessly patching a makefile and
    > > executing it would be a Bad Idea. If no satisfying solution
    > > to this can be found, this (execute/compile) step could be
    > > foregone.
    > >
    > > Thanks to Tommy Faasen for raising this point.
    >
    >I'd say, don't try to run it, just see if it applies cleanly.
    >
    >Speaking of security, we can't expect Matti to take care of blocking spam
    >on the patch lists the way he does on lkml, so that is going to have to
    >be handled, or the system will fall apart. Well, spammers are not going
    >to be bright enough to send correctly formed patches that apply without
    >rejects I hope, so maybe that is a non-problem.

    Possibly, but then it'll reply to the spammer and you'll get bounces left
    and right. Perhaps it's a simple case that the patcher submitting will have
    to have registered the email address before submitting their patch. Only
    needs to be done once (not every time a patch is submitted, that's mad!),
    and weeds out the noise.

    Stuart Young - sgy@amc.com.au
    (aka Cefiar) - cefiar1@optushome.com.au

    [All opinions expressed in the above message are my]
    [own and not necessarily the views of my employer..]

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:16    [W:4.158 / U:0.740 seconds]