    On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Alexander Viro wrote:

    > Frankly, the only real issue in that thread was that we _do_ need
    > a tree specifically for small fixes. Preferably - quickly getting merged
    > into the main tree.

    A "small stuff" maintainer may indeed be a good idea. The maintainer could
    be the same as somebody who does bigger stuff too, but they should be
    clearly different things - trivial one-liners that do not add anything
    new, only fix obvious stuff (to the point where nobody even needs to think
    about it - if I'd start getting any even halfway questionable patches from
    the "small stuff" maintainer, it wouldn't work).

    Linus

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:15    [W:0.037 / U:0.104 seconds]