> Especially after spelunking through the SCSI drivers, and being amazed
> that only one of them uses the, now two year old, pci_register_driver()
> interface (which means that only that driver works properly in PCI
> hotplug systems.)

I doubt it does actually. The problem with pci register driver and scsi is
that the two subsystems are designed with violently conflicting goals. Once
DaveJ or someone does the proposed scsi cleanups it'll become the natural
not the obscenely complicated way to do a scsi driver, as well as sorting out
the pcmcia and cardbus scsi mess, and the card failed/recovered stuff once and
for all.

Alan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:15    [W:0.403 / U:0.076 seconds]