    On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 01:59:56PM +0100, Roman Zippel wrote:
    > Hi,
    > On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Jeff Garzik wrote:
    > > Instead of doing this stuff half-assed, just convince Linus to use BK :)
    > I don't care what Linus uses, but Linus decision should not lock other
    > developers into using the same tools, e.g. it should not become
    > inconvenient to send simple patches. The basic communication tools should
    > still be mail and patches. What we IMO need is a patch management system
    > not a source management system.

    BK can happily be used as a patch management system and it can, and has
    for years, been able to accept and generate traditional patches. Linus
    could maintain the source in a BK tree and make it available as both
    a BK tree and traditional patches. It's a one line command to generate
    a release patch and another one line command to generate the release

    By the way, you can send BK patches exactly the way that you send regular
    patches, with the difference being that BK has an optional way of wrapping
    them up in uuencode (or whatever) so that mailers don't stomp on them.
    Larry McVoy lm at

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:15    [W:0.024 / U:29.264 seconds]