    On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 11:48:05PM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:

    > -- tangential --
    > One thing intrigued me in this thread - which was not the discussion
    > itself, but the fact that Rik is using bitkeeper.
    > How many other people are actually using bitkeeper already for the kernel?
    > I know the ppc guys have, for a long time, but who else is? bk, unlike
    > CVS, should at least be _able_ to handle a "network of people" kind of
    > approach.

    It does in some ways anyhow. Following things downstream is rather
    painless, but one of the things we in the PPC tree hit alot is when we
    have a new file in one of the sub trees and want to move it up to the
    'stable' tree, or when it shows up in your/marcelo's tree. bk send only
    works for same base tree type things (ie a clone of tree X, some
    changes, not a clone of tree Y, which was a clone of tree X but has lots
    of changes and has tree X changes pulled in frequently). Unfortunaly I
    don't think this is an easy problem to work on either.

    Tom Rini (TR1265)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:15    [W:0.020 / U:20.140 seconds]