On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 11:08:52PM +0100, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> In article <> you wrote:
> > "Most times". For example the EA patches have badly failed so far, just because
> > Linus ignored all patches to add sys call numbers for a repeatedly discussed
> > and stable API and nobody else can add syscall numbers on i386.
> There still seems to be a lot of discussion vs EAs and ACLs.

At least the last l-k discussion ended in relative conclusion as far as
I remember (only disagreement was from someone wanting to implement them
in sys_reiser4)

> Setting the suboptimal XFS APIs in stone doesn't make the discussion
> easier.

The presented APIs were not the XFS APIs, but a significantly revised
version, based on a mix of ext2-acl and XFS and some new changes.

See and

If you think anything is badly "suboptimal" proposal you should have stated
your criticism.