    On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 11:08:52PM +0100, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
    > In article <> you wrote:
    > > "Most times". For example the EA patches have badly failed so far, just because
    > > Linus ignored all patches to add sys call numbers for a repeatedly discussed
    > > and stable API and nobody else can add syscall numbers on i386.
    > There still seems to be a lot of discussion vs EAs and ACLs.

    At least the last l-k discussion ended in relative conclusion as far as
    I remember (only disagreement was from someone wanting to implement them
    in sys_reiser4)

    > Setting the suboptimal XFS APIs in stone doesn't make the discussion
    > easier.

    The presented APIs were not the XFS APIs, but a significantly revised
    version, based on a mix of ext2-acl and XFS and some new changes.

    See and

    If you think anything is badly "suboptimal" proposal you should have stated
    your criticism.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:15    [W:0.023 / U:119.464 seconds]