    From: "Hartmut Holz" <>
    > Rik van Riel wrote:
    > >
    > > The fact that lavrec crashes the machine while Xawtv works
    > > suggests a device driver may be corrupting memory somewhere.
    > >
    > I got a debug patch from Manfred Spraul to debug slab.c.

    poisoning of fields of 'struct page', slab poisoning, even of objects with constructors.
    Same patch as:

    > With this patch
    > the machine ran for about 3 hours. No problem. I looked into slab.c and had an
    > idea. What about just one CPU. So I built a new Kernel with just one CPU.
    > Result: 1 CPU 1 Minute - 2 CPU 20 Minutes. I aspected a different result.
    > In my opinion the whole thing has something to do with slab, SMP and threads.
    Not with slab itself, probably with a slab user. Someone uses a stale pointer.

    What do you means with one cpu? Did you boot a SMP kernel with "nosmp" on the command line, or did you make a kernel without

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:15    [W:0.021 / U:1.404 seconds]