SubjectRe: CRAP in 2.4.18-pre7
Martin Dalecki wrote:

> Jeff Garzik wrote:
>
> >Martin Dalecki wrote:
> >
> >>I would like to notice that the changes in 2.4.18-pre7 to the
> >>tulip eth driver are apparently causing absymal performance drops
> >>on my version of this card. Apparently the performance is dropping
> >>thing about the configuration in question is the fact that it's
> >>a direct connection between two hosts. Well, more precisely it's
> >>a cross-over link between my notebook and desktop.
> >>

> >Are you seeing collisions?
> >
> NO not at all! The transfer is one with scp over a corssover direct link
> between two hosts.
> No hub between involved.

You don't need a hub to have collisions.

Duplex mismatch (i.e. one card in full-duplex, the other in half-duplex)
would just show 10-50 KByte/sec transfer rates typically.

The card's statistics about "collisions" and "late collisions" would
positively prove if this is the case.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans