    SubjectRe: CRAP in 2.4.18-pre7
    Martin Dalecki wrote:

    > Jeff Garzik wrote:
    > >Martin Dalecki wrote:
    > >
    > >>I would like to notice that the changes in 2.4.18-pre7 to the
    > >>tulip eth driver are apparently causing absymal performance drops
    > >>on my version of this card. Apparently the performance is dropping
    > >>thing about the configuration in question is the fact that it's
    > >>a direct connection between two hosts. Well, more precisely it's
    > >>a cross-over link between my notebook and desktop.
    > >>

    > >Are you seeing collisions?
    > >
    > NO not at all! The transfer is one with scp over a corssover direct link
    > between two hosts.
    > No hub between involved.

    You don't need a hub to have collisions.

    Duplex mismatch (i.e. one card in full-duplex, the other in half-duplex)
    would just show 10-50 KByte/sec transfer rates typically.

    The card's statistics about "collisions" and "late collisions" would
    positively prove if this is the case.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:15    [W:0.039 / U:40.800 seconds]