    SubjectRe: VIA KT266 and SBLive! (emu10k1)
    On Sat, Jan 26, 2002 at 06:11:53PM -0500, Nix N. Nix wrote:
    > I understand (not well enough, perhaps) that there are some known
    > problems with a combination of Via chipset and SBLive!. Indeed, I have
    > experienced these myself, in that sometimes, when a sound is about to
    > play (as when I roll up my GNOME panel), the speakers first emit a burst
    > of noise (sounds like a can of pop opening) before playing the sound.

    > problem somewhat by following someone's (from Via Arena) recommendation,
    > namely to move the DBLive! card to PCI slot 3. The reason behind the
    > move, accordig to the group is to obtain a unique IRQ for the card.

    > Unfortunately, the problem still surfaces occasionally. Can you please
    > advise me on what I can do to (hopefully) eliminate this problem ?

    Wonder if this is related:

    Try changing theese values

    +# CONFIG_SOUND_DMAP is not set

    I don't know why ... but it just helped me.

    (and I think that some have also succeded with i686 kernel instead of
    athlon kernel)

    Martin Mačok

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:15    [W:0.023 / U:7.792 seconds]