SubjectRe: Linux console at boot
>>>>> "George" == George Bonser <> writes:

George> Is there any way to stop the console scrolling during
George> boot? My reason for this is I am trying to troubleshoot a
George> boot problem with 2.4.18-pre7 and I would like to give a
George> more useful report than "it won't boot" but the screen
George> outputs information every few seconds and I can't "freeze"
George> the display so I can copy down the initial error(s).

Does keeping SHIFT-PAGEUP help? It'll warp back to the bottom on
output, but should give you enough time to get what you need. Try
taking a photo of the screen while pressing that key combination too.

ADML Support, EUCS, The University of Edinburgh, Scotland.