SubjectRe: Question on current->local_pages and its usage
On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, James Washer wrote:

> In __free_pages_ok(), if current->flags & PF_FREE_PAGES, the code adds the
> pages being freed to current->local_pages using the following block of code:
> Unless I am misreading this, that first if statement in going to limit
> us to at most one block of pages no matter how many times we call
> __free_pages_ok()
>
> However, in balance_classzone(), the code seems to expect that multiple
> blocks of pages may be 'cached' in local_pages.
> So, am I misreading this.. or is one of these wrong? If I were to hazard a
> guess, __free_pages_ok() should be 'fixed'.

I think you read it right. I believe it comes from Linus
integrating Andrea's VM, but making changes to it on the fly.
So one end has a capability that the other end now prohibits.
In Andrea's -aa tree it isn't quite the same; and I don't think
it's worth tidying up the mainline here, while there's the
possibility that more of Andrea's version is to be merged in.

Hugh

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:15    [W:0.027 / U:0.560 seconds]