SubjectRe: VAIO IRQ assignment problem of USB controller
From

On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 05:34:21PM -0800, Brian Lavender wrote:
> I have a Sony VAIO PCG-GR170K laptop with a memory stick which operates
> off of the USB controller with device ID 00:1d.2. The laptop has a total
> of three USB controllers. The first two are getting IRQ's, but the third
> one is not. Under Win2k, it assigns all three USB controllers IRQ 9. I
> checked the bios for USB options, and the only option I could find is to
> set a "Non PNP" OS. I found no other USB options. I am currently using
> kernel 2.4.9 from Redhat compiled from the source RPM. I am guessing
> that this must be a problem somewhere in the PCI IRQ configuration.
> Any other suggestions aside from downloading 2.4.17?

[snip]

Hey Brian,

the mem stick + 2 usb ports my Z505LS work fine with 2.4.16+
(both usb ports have been tested, but the mem stick not [however, it shows
up fine at boot time]).

You might also want to run 2.4.teen because of the new support for the
Sony programmable controller (althought that seems to have gone into 2.4.5)
(under char devices, i believe).

See: http://groups.google.com/groups?q=linux+sony+programmable+controller&hl=en&selm=linux.kernel.20010604153515.A31991%40ontario.alcove-fr&rnum=1

I think I told you about the GVaioControl app that I use for brightness at the
big installfest over the summer, but this seems to actually enable the function
keys.

-Gabe

ps. heh, it's weird seeing people you know on LK :)

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:15    [W:0.038 / U:0.348 seconds]