    SubjectRE: NEWBIE : can't find /lib/modules/2.4.17/modules.dep error
    Date
    Thanks, You are right I did not do a make modules_install.

    However, the thing is - my system was working normally in so far as I can
    tell even without doing make modules_install !!! Maybe I am not using any
    of dynamically loading drivers???

    Thanks a ton eric and all who have helped.

    ARun