SubjectPossible Idea with filesystem buffering.

I've noticed that XFS's filesystem has a separate pagebuf_daemon to handle

Why not make a kernel page/caching daemon for other filesystems to use
(kpagebufd) so that each filesystem can use a kernel daemon interface to
handle buffering and caching.

I found that XFS's buffering/caching significantly reduced I/O load on the
system (with riel's rmap11b + rml's preempt patches and Andre's IDE

But I've not been able to acheive the same speed results with ReiserFS :-(

Just as we have a filesystem (VFS) layer, why not have a buffering/caching
layer for the filesystems to use inconjunction with the VM?

Comments, suggestions, flames welcome ;)