    SubjectPossible Idea with filesystem buffering.

    I've noticed that XFS's filesystem has a separate pagebuf_daemon to handle

    Why not make a kernel page/caching daemon for other filesystems to use
    (kpagebufd) so that each filesystem can use a kernel daemon interface to
    handle buffering and caching.

    I found that XFS's buffering/caching significantly reduced I/O load on the
    system (with riel's rmap11b + rml's preempt patches and Andre's IDE

    But I've not been able to acheive the same speed results with ReiserFS :-(

    Just as we have a filesystem (VFS) layer, why not have a buffering/caching
    layer for the filesystems to use inconjunction with the VM?

    Comments, suggestions, flames welcome ;)

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:15    [W:0.020 / U:1.380 seconds]