    SubjectRe: The direction linux is taking
    On Sat, 29 Dec 2001, Alan Cox wrote:
    > The big exception is which is a nightmare for patch, and the
    > one file I basically always did hand merges on

    Perhaps it would help if the entries in were sorted?

    It's very difficult to merge anything in that file, since in many cases the
    `new' entries added by the new patch, already existed in our local tree
    (speaking about m68k). Someone just wrote new explanations, and inserted them
    someplace else in the file.

    -- Linus Torvalds

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:15    [W:0.019 / U:19.204 seconds]