SubjectRe: The direction linux is taking
On Sat, 29 Dec 2001, Alan Cox wrote:
> The big exception is which is a nightmare for patch, and the
> one file I basically always did hand merges on

Perhaps it would help if the entries in were sorted?

It's very difficult to merge anything in that file, since in many cases the
`new' entries added by the new patch, already existed in our local tree
(speaking about m68k). Someone just wrote new explanations, and inserted them
someplace else in the file.

-- Linus Torvalds