    SubjectRe: The direction linux is taking
    On Sat, 29 Dec 2001, Alan Cox wrote:
    > The big exception is Configure.help which is a nightmare for patch, and the
    > one file I basically always did hand merges on

    Perhaps it would help if the entries in Configure.help were sorted?

    It's very difficult to merge anything in that file, since in many cases the
    `new' entries added by the new patch, already existed in our local tree
    (speaking about m68k). Someone just wrote new explanations, and inserted them
    someplace else in the file.

    Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

    Geert

    -- Linus Torvalds