    SubjectLINUX IP Stack
    We are interested in moving the IP stack into the
    application area. i.e. It should link with our
    application and use the devices (like /dev/eth0) for
    the layer 2 interface.

    Regarding this we have following questions

    1. How feasible it will be to move the IP stack from
    the kernel to the application level. Note we would
    leave one copy of the IP stack in the kernel. But for
    the interfaces we are interested in we want the IP
    stack to be at the application layer.

    If this is feasible, what would be procedure to be
    followed?

    2. Is there any documentation available for the linux
    IP stack and all its interfaces (highest level calls
    provided, interfaces to layer2 devices, interfaces to
    other kernel services etc.)?

    3. Is there any other free implementation of IP stack,
    which would be better suited for this purpose?

    Thanks,

    Ram