    SubjectRe: Disk corruption - Abit KT7, 2.2.19+ide patches
    On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 05:59:19PM -0500, you [Ed Sweetman] claimed:
    > sounds like you're using the shared irq slot, might want to verify that with
    > lspci -vvv to see if anything else is using an irq at the time that's the
    > same as the card in that slot. Also some places will do various special
    > things to one of the last pci slots, you should be able to find out by
    > looking in the manual. Some cards just dont play nicely with shared irqs.

    Oh, I check some time ago. Sorry for baing vague, but as I said, we expect
    to post more info in a couple of days.

    The card was in a slot that shares an IQR with something called "serial bus
    controller" (and USB gadget, I gather.) It's _not_ in the slot that shares
    the IRQ with (both) HPT370 controllers.

    USB is disabled in BIOS and in kernel config. Ansolutely no USB devices

    > describing. I'm not really sure how this is a linux problem though since
    > you mention it's occuring only in a certain physical slot.

    No. I'm pretty positive this is a case of Via PCI being flaky.

    -- v --

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:23    [W:0.022 / U:6.968 seconds]