    SubjectRe: Two issues with 2.4.18pre3 on PPC
    Tom Rini <>:
    > Unless the user wants to use drivers/char/rtc.c because they're on a
    > chrp or prep box.

    OK, so the derivation right side should change a little (I'll take a patch).

    The actual point is one of design philosophy. Instead of presenting the
    ser with unnecessarily platform-specific questions, we should be asking
    platform-independent (wherever this is possible) questions about the
    *capabilities* he/she wants and mixing that wuith information about the

    I'll go further than that. PP_RTC should probably never have existed
    as a user-visible symbol and question in the first place, as it
    duplicates what PPC is asking. The derivation should actually take
    place somewhere in the C code of the PPC port tree.

    Rapists just *love* unarmed women. And the politicians who disarm them.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:23    [W:0.021 / U:84.016 seconds]