    SubjectRe: CML2-2.1.3 is available
    On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 11:02:11PM -0500, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
    > Ross Vandegrift <>:
    > > I tried CML2 (2.1.2) yesterday with Linux 2.4.17 and found that I
    > > couldn't turn on suppression ('S' didn't seem to toggle, only
    > > disable suppression, which was already off) and entering into a
    > > submenu marked FROZEN locked up the configurator.
    > I'd sure like to know how you managed this. Since 2.1.2 frozen symbols
    > are no longer supposed to be visible at all. Can you reproduce this?
    > Can you give me the recipe for reproducing it?

    Here's what I do to reproduce it:

    $ tar yxvf linux-2.4.17.tar.bz2
    $ cd cml2-2.1.2
    $ ./install-cml2 /home/ross/linux
    Examining your build environment...
    Good. You have Python 2.x installed as 'python' already.
    Python looks sane...
    Good, your python has curses support linked in.
    Good, your python has Tk support linked in.
    Compiling file list...
    Operating on /home/ross/linux...
    Installing new files...
    Merging in CML2 help texts from
    Modifying configuration productions...
    You are ready to go, cd to /home/ross/linux.
    $ cd ../linux
    $ make config

    At this point the rules are compiled and a dialog box indicates that
    Suppression has been turned off (press any key to continue). I hit any key and
    am presented with the first menu.

    The first selection at the top of the screen is "Intel or Processor type
    (FROZEN)" and it is highlighted as the default selection. If I press enter
    *boom*, I'm locked solid. If I move the active selection off of this menu item,
    I can't move back to it, though it remains visible. If I enter a submenu, the
    frozen processor type menu is gone.

    It's reproduceable with fresh trees (as above), existing trees, and at least
    linux 2.4.12 and linux 2.4.17 (the two kernel tarballs I have lying around).

    I'm planning on trying this on a Debian testing box I have at work at some

    Ross Vandegrift

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:23    [W:0.023 / U:41.128 seconds]