SubjectRe: CML2-2.1.3 is available
Rob Landley <>:
> I -STILL- can't figure out why the autoprober doesn't just look in
> /proc/mounts to figure out who and what our root device and filesystem are.

The version I just released does exactly that. Well, not exactly; it
actually looks at fstab -- /proc/mounts gives you '/dev/root' rather
than a physical device name in the root entry.

> I need to set up a system that boots to an initrd and puts the root
> device lives on a samba server just to confuse eric's autoprober.
> Hmmm... I wonder if that would work? :)

No. It only knows about IDE and SCSI root devices at the moment. As I
learn how to identify other kinds of root volume it will get smarter.

The IRS has become morally corrupted by the enormous power which we in
Congress have unwisely entrusted to it. Too often it acts like a
Gestapo preying upon defenseless citizens.
-- Senator Edward V. Long