    SubjectRe: Why not "attach" patches?
    Some implementation-specific details people may find useful:

    * For 4.xx versions of Netscape Mail, with standard mime types/prefs,
    sending patches by MIME attachment results in a readable text/plain
    message.

    * The best way to mail patches is to pipe a header, patch description,
    and contents to "/usr/sbin/sendmail -t" or some other MTA. When I spam
    Linus or Marcelo with patches, my process looks like this:

    1) create outgoing patches
    2) change e-mail header template to reflect current kernel version
    3) put template and blank space at top of each patch
    4) "vi *.patch", manually insert descriptions and CC list from
    MAINTAINERS
    5) review each patch and description once again :)
    6) pipe *.patch individually through "/usr/sbin/sendmail -t"

    Here is the mail header template I use. Sendmail is smart and will
    insert all other headers like message-id and date, since they are not
    present. When using another MTA, make sure yours does this too.

    > [jgarzik@rum g]$ cat ~/info/mail.linus
    > From: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik at mandrakesoft.com>
    > BCC: jgarzik at mandrakesoft.com
    > To: Linus Torvalds <torvalds at transmeta.com>
    > CC: akpm at zip.com.au, davem at redhat.com
    > Subject: PATCH 2.5.2.9: net drvr

    As always, read Documentation/SubmittingPatches. That's what it's there
    for.

    --
    Jeff Garzik | Alternate titles for LOTR:
    Building 1024 | Fast Times at Uruk-Hai