SubjectRe: Why not "attach" patches?
Some implementation-specific details people may find useful:

* For 4.xx versions of Netscape Mail, with standard mime types/prefs,
sending patches by MIME attachment results in a readable text/plain

* The best way to mail patches is to pipe a header, patch description,
and contents to "/usr/sbin/sendmail -t" or some other MTA. When I spam
Linus or Marcelo with patches, my process looks like this:

1) create outgoing patches
2) change e-mail header template to reflect current kernel version
3) put template and blank space at top of each patch
4) "vi *.patch", manually insert descriptions and CC list from
5) review each patch and description once again :)
6) pipe *.patch individually through "/usr/sbin/sendmail -t"

Here is the mail header template I use. Sendmail is smart and will
insert all other headers like message-id and date, since they are not
present. When using another MTA, make sure yours does this too.

> [jgarzik@rum g]$ cat ~/info/mail.linus
> From: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik at>
> BCC: jgarzik at
> To: Linus Torvalds <torvalds at>
> CC: akpm at, davem at
> Subject: PATCH net drvr

As always, read Documentation/SubmittingPatches. That's what it's there

Jeff Garzik | Alternate titles for LOTR:
Building 1024 | Fast Times at Uruk-Hai
MandrakeSoft | The Took, the Elf, His Daughter and Her Lover