SubjectRe: Why not "attach" patches?
> all tools will see as a normal body), I simply WILL NOT apply it unless
> I have strong reason to. I usually wont even bother looking at it,
> unless I expected something special from the sender.
>
> Really. Don't send patches as attachments.

BTW: If you are sending me anything DO use attachments. Especially if you
use any of the following, which seem to have some versions that mangle
inline diffs

Lotus Notes
Pine
Kmail
Mozilla
Netscape
MS Outlook

If you aren't sure if your mailer is ok then send yourself a block of text
that contains a line over 80 chars long, a line ending in space, and a line
with tabs in it

Check the tabs are still there, the space on the end of the line hasnt been
eaten (eg pine) and that the long line was not wrapped.

Alan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:23    [W:0.110 / U:0.212 seconds]