SubjectRe: Why not "attach" patches?
Linus Torvalds writes:
> In article <3C446C77.3000806@evision-ventures.com>,
> Martin Dalecki <dalecki@evision-ventures.com> wrote:
> >
> >Don't worry - nothign prevents proper attached patches from beeing
> >applied - the FAQ is only a bit zealous on this ;-)
>
> Wrong.
>
> If I get a patch in an attachment (other than a "Text/PLAIN" type
> attachment with no mangling and that pretty much all mail readers and
> all tools will see as a normal body), I simply WILL NOT apply it unless
> I have strong reason to. I usually wont even bother looking at it,
> unless I expected something special from the sender.
>
> Really. Don't send patches as attachments.

Thanks for providing material I can quote :-) I've updated the FAQ
entry on this, and also included your sage words:
http://www.tux.org/lkml/#s1-14

"So let it be written, so let it be done!" :-)

Regards,

Richard....
Permanent: rgooch@atnf.csiro.au
Current: rgooch@ras.ucalgary.ca

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:23    [W:0.135 / U:0.416 seconds]