SubjectRe: floating point exception
On Tue, 2002-01-15 at 15:34, Zwane Mwaikambo wrote:
> On 14 Jan 2002, Christian Thalinger wrote:
> > It seems the floating point exception is only raised with a new data
> > package. Is there a simple way to raise such a exception?
> New data package? And does the same behaviour re-occur after the fpu
> exception? ie programs start segfaulting etc. Can you try doing a "dmesg"
> after the segfaults and fpu exception and see if there is anything in the
> kernel ring buffer too.
> Regards,
> Zwane Mwaikambo

There are .sah files, in which the data is stored to analyse. So i
deleted these files and the client downloads a new package -> new data

Yes, it did happen that the segfault reoccured and there is nothing in
the dmesg. This was also my first thought, then checked
/var/log/messages with a tail and it stucked. No ctrl-c.

Tried this:

#define _GNU_SOURCE 1
#include <fenv.h>

main() {