    SubjectRe: floating point exception
    On Tue, 2002-01-15 at 15:34, Zwane Mwaikambo wrote:
    > On 14 Jan 2002, Christian Thalinger wrote:
    >
    > > It seems the floating point exception is only raised with a new data
    > > package. Is there a simple way to raise such a exception?
    >
    > New data package? And does the same behaviour re-occur after the fpu
    > exception? ie programs start segfaulting etc. Can you try doing a "dmesg"
    > after the segfaults and fpu exception and see if there is anything in the
    > kernel ring buffer too.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Zwane Mwaikambo

    There are .sah files, in which the data is stored to analyse. So i
    deleted these files and the client downloads a new package -> new data
    package.

    Yes, it did happen that the segfault reoccured and there is nothing in
    the dmesg. This was also my first thought, then checked
    /var/log/messages with a tail and it stucked. No ctrl-c.

    Tried this:

    #define _GNU_SOURCE 1
    #include <fenv.h>

    main() {
    double zero=0.0;
    double one=1.0;

    feenableexcept(FE_ALL_EXCEPT);

    one /=zero;
    }

    ...but nothing happens.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:23    [W:0.122 / U:30.048 seconds]