    SubjectRe: Autoconfiguration: Original design scenario
    Greg KH <>:
    > Giacomo, please, please, please, just use the info in the
    > MODULE_DEVICE_TABLE entries for your autoconfigure program.

    Giacomo will probably answer definitively, but I believe he is already
    generating all of the PCI, PNP, and module probes by script. We're planning
    to ship the probe table generator with a future CML2 version.

    > One other autoconfigure problem that I don't think anyone has mentioned,
    > USB devices that only show up when they want to transfer data to/from
    > the host. Like all of the Palm based devices. They don't stay
    > connected long enough for a "probe all the busses" tool like
    > you are currently developing to detect.

    Which is why the "standalone" mode of the autoconfigurator turns all that
    stuff modular. The autoprobe doesn't, it's intended to generate a facilities
    report that can be used to tune by hand.

    Never trust a man who praises compassion while pointing a gun at you.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:23    [W:0.025 / U:2.332 seconds]