    SubjectRe: Problem with ServerWorks CNB20LE and lost interrupts
    On Mon, 14 Jan 2002, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
    > Why to code complicated workarounds for broken firmware? It's so easy to
    > fix, so either bother the vendor for a fix or replace the system with a
    > sane one. Reading and understanding the Intel's MP spec is a day or at
    > most two worth of man's work. I wouldn't trust the vendor that refuses to
    > invest in a product even that little.

    You may have noticed the great deal of "hacks" which people have put into
    the kernel over the years to get it to work with the imperfect world of
    hardware. It makes you wonder wether we should waste our time supporting
    broken hardware... Then again if we didn't we'd only run on 0.1% of the
    boxes out there ;) But... i'm in no way advocating for adding more

    Zwane Mwaikambo

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:15    [W:0.031 / U:0.888 seconds]