SubjectRe: Hardwired drivers are going away?
some systems don't want modules to be loaded after boot (yes it's security
that can be bypassed, but as long as it's not your only security it's
still worth doing)

also with hardwired drivers going away does this mean that other things
that are currently compiled in will become modules, like say the IP stack?

David Lang