SubjectRe: [2.4.17/18pre] VM and swap - it's really unusable
Hi,

On Mon, 14 Jan 2002 yodaiken@fsmlabs.com wrote:

> > > Nobody has answered my question about the conflict between SMP per-cpu caching
> > > and preempt. Since NUMA is apparently the future of MP in the PC world and
> > > the future of Linux servers, it's interesting to consider this tradeoff.
> >
> > Preempt is a UP feature so far.
>
> I think this is a sufficient summary of your engineering approach.

Would you please care to explain, what the hell you want?
Preempt on SMP has more problems than you mention above, so that the scope
of my arguments only included UP. Sorry, if I missed something, but
preempt on SMP is an entirely different dicussion.

> > More of other FUD deleted, Victor, could you please stop this?
>
> I guess that Andrew, Alan, Andrea and I all are raising objections that
> you ignore because we have some kind of shared bias.

No, your sparse use of arguments makes the difference.

bye, Roman

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:15    [W:0.437 / U:0.400 seconds]