SubjectRe: [2.4.17/18pre] VM and swap - it's really unusable
On Sun, 2002-01-13 at 10:18, jogi@planetzork.ping.de wrote:

> No, I use a script which is run in single user mode after a reboot. So
> there are only a few processes running when I start the script (see
> attachment) and the jobs should start from the same environment.
>
> > What happens when you do the same test, compiling one kernel under multiple
> > different kernels?
>
> That is exactly what I am doing. I even try to my best to have the exact
> same starting environment ...

So there you go, his testing is accurate. Now we have results that
preempt works and is best and it is still refuted. Everyone is running
around with these "ll is best" or "preempt sucks throughput" and that is
not true. Further, with preempt we can improve things cleanly, and I
don't think that necessarily implies priority inversion problems.

Robert Love

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:15    [W:0.436 / U:0.340 seconds]