    SubjectRe: Linux 2.4.18pre3-ac1

    [maluco@freak maluco]$ finger @kernel.org
    [kernel.org]
    The latest stable version of the Linux kernel is: 2.4.17
    The latest prepatch for the stable Linux kernel tree is: 2.4.18-pre3
    The latest beta version of the Linux kernel is: 2.5.1
    The latest prepatch for the beta Linux kernel tree is: 2.5.2-pre11
    The latest -ac patch to the stable Linux kernels is: 2.4.13-ac8

    That message is "maintainer" by someone? The -ac tree isnt update.

    On Sun, 13 Jan 2002, Alan Cox wrote:

    > People keep bugging me about the -ac tree stuff so this is whats in my
    > current internal diff with the ll patch and the ide changes excluded.
    >
    > Much of this is stuff just waiting to go to Marcelo but it has the 32bit
    > uid quota that some folks consider pretty critical and the rmap-11b VM
    > which I consider pretty essential
    >
    > (Marcelo I'll be sending you stuff I've done from this anyway, if there
    > is other stuff you want extracting just ask)
    >
    > Linux 2.4.18pre3-ac1
    >
    > o 32bit uid quota
    > o rmap-11b VM (Rik van Riel,
    > William Irwin etc)
    > o Make scsi printer visible (Stefan Wieseckel)
    > o Report Hercules Fortissimo card (Minya Sorakinu)
    > o Fix O_NDELAY close mishandling on the following (me)
    > sound cards: cmpci, cs46xx, es1370, es1371,
    > esssolo1, sonicvibes
    > o tdfx pixclock handling fix (Jurriaan)
    > o Fix mishandling of file system size limiting (Andrea Arcangeli)
    > o generic_serial cleanups (Rasmus Andersen)
    > o serial.c locking fixes for SMP - move from cli (Kees)
    > too
    > o Truncate fixes from old -ac tree (Andrew Morton)
    > o Hopefully fix the i2o oops (me)
    > | Not the right fix but it'll do till I rewrite this
    > o Fix non blocking tty blocking bug (Peter Benie)
    > o IRQ routing workaround for problem HP laptops (Cory Bell)
    > o Fix the rcpci driver (Pete Popov)
    > o Fix documentation of aedsp location (Adrian Bunk)
    > o Fix the worst of the APM ate my cpu problems (Andreas Steinmetz)
    > o Correct icmp documentation (Pierre Lombard)
    > o Multiple mxser crash on boot fix (Stephan von Krawczynski)
    > o ldm header fix (Anton Altaparmakov)
    > o Fix unchecked kmalloc in i2o_proc (Ragnar Hojland Espinosa)
    > o Fix unchecked kmalloc in airo_cs (Ragnar Hojland Espinosa)
    > o Fix unchecked kmalloc in btaudio (Ragnar Hojland Espinosa)
    > o Fix unchecked kmalloc in qnx4/inode.c (Ragnar Hojland Espinosa)
    > o Disable DRM4.1 GMX2000 driver (4.0 required) (me)
    > o Fix sb16 lower speed limit bug (Jori Liesenborgs)
    > o Fix compilation of orinoco driver (Ben Herrenschmidt)
    > o ISAPnP init fix (Chris Rankin)
    > o Export release_console_sem (Andrew Morton)
    > o Output nat crash fix (Rusty Russell)
    > o Fix PLIP (Tim Waugh)
    > o Natsemi driver hang fix (Manfred Spraul)
    > o Add mono/stereo reporting to gemtek pci radio (Jonathan Hudson)
    > -

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:15    [W:0.031 / U:2.172 seconds]