    SubjectRe: New Scheduler and Digital Signal Processors?
    Date
    On Monday 31 December 2001 15:00, Rob Landley wrote:
    > I've heard several people (including Alan) talk about banging on the
    > scheduler to make 8-way systems happy, and the first scheduler surgery
    > patch has apparently been accepted to 2.5 now. Lots of people are talking
    > about a scheduler patch with a per-processor task queue, so I'd like to ask
    > a question.

    [snip]

    And could we please have support for one of those FPGA super computers?
    They are already in use by the NASA and probably NSA. It ain't fair that
    they can crack DES and GOST a million times faster than I can. And I need
    to improve my Seti scores. ;-)

    This is my way of saying that I'll believe when I see it in the mass market.

    --
    timothy.covell@ashavan.org.