SubjectRe: Why would a valid DVD show zero files on Linux?
All,

Is this similar to the VCD problem I have where I can mount the cd and
read the smaller files but cannot read the mpg file (avseq01.dat)?

I installed mtv which plays the CD OK. But this does not solve the real
problem.

I to believe that the user should not need to know the technical
intricaties of how to mount it (iso9660 udf XA) etc. It should just
work.

The question is where to fix it? If it is possible to do in the kernel
it should be done there. If it nees to be done in userspace then where
in userspace does this need to be fixed? I am willing to help but know
not where to start.

Thanks

Grahame Jordan

On Wed, 2002-01-02 at 02:24, Alan Cox wrote:
> > Windows, somehow, detects the difference. Whatever method used by Windows
> > will be the one tested by the makers of most DVD/CDROM's.
>
> Actually half of the copy protected CD thing relies on the fact windows does
> not get its decisions right.
>
> > If the distinction is something that can be automated well, then what is
> > the argument against doing it?
>
> Certainly relevant - but for the kde file manager and gnome nautilus lists
> -
Grahame Jordan
TheForce