SubjectRe: Purpose of the mm/slab.c changes
> it provides lifo allocations from both partial and unused slabs.

lifo/fifo for unused slabs is obviously superflous - free is free, it
doesn't matter which free page is used first/last.
The partial slabs are already lifo: if a slab goes from full to partial,
it's added to the head of the partial list.

> You
> should benchmark it with a real load, not with dummy
> allocations/freeing.
Did you run any benchmarks? If yes, could you post them?

What I did was checking the number of branches in the hot path
(increased), the code length (increased) and execution time with dummy
loads (slower).