    SubjectRe: Purpose of the mm/slab.c changes
    > it provides lifo allocations from both partial and unused slabs.

    lifo/fifo for unused slabs is obviously superflous - free is free, it
    doesn't matter which free page is used first/last.
    The partial slabs are already lifo: if a slab goes from full to partial,
    it's added to the head of the partial list.

    > You
    > should benchmark it with a real load, not with dummy
    > allocations/freeing.
    Did you run any benchmarks? If yes, could you post them?

    What I did was checking the number of branches in the hot path
    (increased), the code length (increased) and execution time with dummy
    loads (slower).

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:03    [W:0.021 / U:11.692 seconds]