    From: "Neil Brown" <>

    > This is not allowed, and makes no sense.

    It apparently is (or was, anyway) allowed, because it worked until the
    server was rebooted. Fluke?
    Are you saying that, if I export "/export", I can mount "/export/home" from
    a client machine? That's nice.

    > Simply remove the second line and your problems should go away.

    Thanks. I actually switched to two explicit exports; /export/files and
    /export/home, which works.

    > > On a related topic, will Linux ever have a better file-service protocol?
    > This is an unanswerable question. The future of Linux is completely
    > undefined until it happens.

    Just wondering if there's been any talk, plans, etc. of an alternative for

    > What exactly do you mean by "better" anyway?

    Better security, better performance.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:02    [W:0.022 / U:17.132 seconds]