Subjectdynamic arrival of scsi hosts...
Date
Hello.

does the current linux 2.4.x series handle new controller additions.? I have
seen the new pci hotplug
interfaces, but iam not sure if the scsi midlayer can handle new controllers
showing up.?

for eg: if during scsi_register_host() i have just one controller. If i add
another one after system is up, will this
framework be able to handle this new controller in the mix? if there is a
mechanism to do this
what should the low level hba driver writer do to make this happen.?

i have seen some hooks do add/probe new devices on the already existing
adapter, (only add, not sure if remove would work)

if someone knows the answer please reply to me.

ashokr

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:02    [W:0.027 / U:0.136 seconds]