SubjectRe: Basic reiserfs question
It seems that we should put something in journal replay that says:

"Warning: replaying a non-empty journal, this means that either your system
crashed, or its shutdown scripts need fixing (a common distro failing at the
moment), or you pushed the power button. Don't use the hardware power button to
turn your computer off before telling the operating system software to halt
(there exists a 'halt' command you can use), the risk in doing so is that the
files you or your software were writing to at the time you pushed the button can
have garbage added to them."

Chris, do you agree? Edward, please make this change and create a patch.

Of course, now that the distros have turned off all those annoying messages from
the kernel, most users will never see this, sigh. I think it is a real problem
that the distros have turned off the messages at boot time....

Hans