    SubjectRe: page_launder() on 2.4.9/10 issue
    On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, Jan Harkes wrote:

    > The pte_chain allocation stuff looks a bit scary, where did you want
    > to reclaim them from when memory runs out, unmap existing pte's?

    Exactly. This is the strategy also used by BSD and it seems to
    work really well.

    > One thing that might be nice, and showed a lot of promise here is to
    > either age down by subtracting instead of dividing to make it less
    > aggressive. It is already hard enough for pages to get referenced
    > enough to move up the scale.

    Oh definately, I've tried it with linear page aging and it works
    a lot better. I'm just not including that in my patch right now
    because I don't want to mix policy and mechanism right now and I
    want to really get the mechanism right before moving on to other
    stuff.

    > Or use a similar approach as I have in my patch, age up periodically,
    > but only age down when there is memory shortage,

    Where can I get your patch ?

    regards,

    Rik
    --