    SubjectRe: kernel panic, a cry for help
    > im not sure if this q belongs here but i need all the help i can get.
    > the www, dns, mail server at my site mysteriously got corrupted (not sure how).
    > Now i boot it up and get
    >
    > Kernel panic: No init found. Try passing init= option to kernel
    >
    > what can i do? where should i start? i dont want to break anything so please
    > help me,

    I suspect back up tapes. The kernel cannot find an /sbin/init to run when
    it starts up. That could be on of several things

    - Disk failure
    - Someone broke in and erased it all
    - Misconfiguration

    A rescue disk is probably the starting point

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:02    [W:0.023 / U:89.372 seconds]