SubjectRE: [OT] New Anti-Terrorism Law makes "hacking" punishable by lifein prison
Date
I personally do not have a certification and I personally find my career
paths limited as a result. This is something I plan to rectify; it's simply
a matter of time, money and a willingness on my part to do the work. I
suggest that you look at it the same way, rather than knocking the
certification process or employers who require it.

I have chosen a mathematical / scientific / programmer career path rather
than a system / network administration career path, so I will most likely
seek an MSCD or perhaps the Red Hat equivalent if there is one. There are a
great many more *applicants* for jobs than there are jobs, and lack of a
certification or presence of illegal substances in an applicant's urine are
*legal* ways of eliminating some of these applicants, whereas skin color,
gender or age are not. Deal with it; I have.

--
M. Edward (Ed) Borasky, Chief Scientist, Borasky Research
http://www.borasky-research.net http://www.aracnet.com/~znmeb

Q: How do you tell when a pineapple is ready to eat?