    SubjectRe: [bug report] NFS and uninterruptable wait states
    Phillip Susi wrote:

    [ "mount -tnfs" with hard has default ]

    > Anyhow, about an hour later ( the mount process still stuck ) I figured out
    > that the other machine was not running rpc.nfsd, though it was running
    > rpc.mountd. Once I started rpc.nfsd on the machine, the mount on my box
    > finally returned ( and was terminated by the SIGKILL that I sent it an hour
    > before ).
    >
    > Could someone confirm that this is a bug, and explain why anything should
    > ever need to wait in that state?

    Well, if you use the option "soft",then your process is interruptible.
    >From a user standpoint, I don't understand the requirement of 'D' state.

    Where this gets really impractical: commands like df or du will
    hang forever (if the other end is out of your control).

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:01    [W:0.295 / U:0.364 seconds]