    SubjectSound Blaster Live - OSS or Not?
    Date

    Hi!

    I have a Sound Blaster Live! PCI that works pretty fine for me.

    I tried to run loki's Quake 3 Arena for Linux, and after several tries, I
    started to read the README file, and it said that Sound Blaster Live does not
    work as OSS. I found a reference to www.opensound.com, where they sell OSS
    drivers for Sound Blaster Live for $35.00 !! That's too much money for a
    sound driver! I've downloaded a trial, and it really worked to play Quake.

    My question is: If the 2.4.9 kernel has support for Sound Blaster Live, why I
    have to pay for a damn non-GPL driver? Why it does not work to play games on
    linux?

    Regards,
    Thiago

    ©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans