    SubjectLinux 2.4.9-ac17

    Intermediate diffs are available from

    * Next batch of bugfixes and updates
    * I want to get these in before I import the Linus changes
    beyond 2.4.10pre9 which is where the merge currently sits

    o Fix vfree error on swap off (Hugh Dickins)
    o Further USB serial fixups (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    o ISDN cleanups - flags, includes, license texts (Kai Germaschewski)
    o Fix bitfields in struct documentation (Tim Jansen)
    o Next batch of MODULE_LICENSE tags (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Fix the gendisk bugs (me)
    o Endian fixes for cisco hdlc over isdn (Bjoern Zeeb,
    Kai Germaschewski)
    o PPPoE memory corruption fixes (Chris Mason)
    o RSS accounting fix (Hugh Dickins)
    o ide-tape fixes for HP colorado (Pete Zaitcev)
    o Fix APM disable handling (Randy Dunlap)
    o Fix mousedev behaviour with new gpm (Vojtech Pavlik)
    o Add support for the ib700 watchdog (Charles Howes)
    o Fix sysreq build fail (me, Junio)
    o S/390 tree warning fixes (Martin Schwidefsky)
    o Update the IBM serveraid driver (Keith Mitchell)
    o Apply usb list_del fix (Georg Acher)
    o Further midibuf fixes (Adrian Cox)
    o Fix toshoboe pci initialisation (Adam J Richter)
    o pci registration fixes for tlan (Adam J Richter)
    o NFS lock reclaiming fixes (Trond Myklebust)
    o Add Belkin F5D5050 USB ethernet idents (Dane Johnson)

    o Fix VM breakage from my merge error (Rik van Riel)
    o Shmem race fixs (Hugh Dickins)
    o Improve scan_swap_map optimisiations (Hugh Dickins)
    o Fix swapoff race (Hugh Dickins)
    o Fix add to swap cache race (Hugh Dickins)
    o Remove the PG_swap_cache bit (Hugh Dickins)
    o Remove unused functions (Hugh Dickins)
    o Remove unused argument from get_swap_page (Hugh Dickins)
    o Make use of exclusive_swap_page when we can (Hugh Dickins)
    o Make swap almost ready to lose BKL (Hugh Dickins)
    o Add initial pieces for EXPORT_SYMBOL_GPL (me)
    | kernel symbols for GPL only use
    o smc-ircc module inits (Keith Owens)
    o Update the hp100 driver (Jaroslav Kysela)
    o Update kernel-doc for struct and enum (Tim Jansen)
    o Fix mac89x0 skb->len poking (David Weinehall)
    o Big chunk of MODULE_LICENSE updates (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Add the tainting proc hook (Keith Owens)
    o Nand flash driver build fixes (David Woodhouse)
    o Fix self-parenting problems in clone properly (Dave McCracken)
    o CPIA camera fix (Michael Marxmeier)
    o USB serial fixes (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    o Fix cisco hdlc protocol for isdn (Bjoern Zeeb)
    o Further tunnel driver fixes (Taral)
    o ISDN isar driver small fix (Karsten Keil)
    o Further sscanf fixes (Paul)
    o Fix iph5526 clash with ptrace namespace (Dave Jones)
    o First block of block device updates from Al (Al Viro)
    o Fix atm ioctl bug (Mitchel Blank)
    o ISAPnP updates (Jaroslav Kysela)
    o Merge IBM MWave support (Paul Schroeder)
    o ISDN return value fixes (Andrew Morton)
    o Add Acerscan 1240ut to the USB scanners (Morgan Collins)
    o Fix init includes for aironet4500 (Keith Packard)
    o Fix GART docs to reference DRI not utah (Robet Love)
    o Reiserfs speed ups (Chris Mason)
    o Maestro init fixups (Adam J Richter)
    o Lock function cleanup (Trond Myklebust)
    o Make the DRM options clearer (Keith Owens)
    o Add compiler.h from 2.4.10
    o Update ns83820 driver (Ben LaHaise)

    o Rik's next VM handling update (Rik van Riel)
    o Update mousedrivers documentation (me)
    o Update 53c700 drivers (James Bottomley)
    o USB serial pl2303 fixes (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    o USB serial modcount fixes (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    o USB devfs fix for skeleton driver (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    o Fix possible double read_unlock in personality (Christoph Hellwig)
    o Switch to maintainers sysrq fix (Crutcher Dunavant)
    o Further pnpbios fixes (Thomas Hood)
    o Delete the right ipip tunnel (Taral)
    o Coda fixes (Jan Harkes)
    o Fix sscanf (Paul)
    o Clean up the semaphore fix (Leonid Igolnik)
    o Merge minimal hooks for speakup (Kirk Reiser)
    | Speakup itself needs more cleaning up yet

    o Fix atm alignment on IA64 (Chas Williams)
    o Soundblaster unload oops fix (Matthias Hanisch)
    o NFS over tcp fixes (Trond Myklebust)
    o Add usb zero packet flag support to OHCI (Roman Weissgaerber)
    o Clean up reiserfs flags usage (Nikita Danilov)
    o Fix reiserfs disk leak on crash case (Nikita Danilov)
    o Fix reiserfs mount option handling (Nikita Danilov)
    o Cosmetic reiserfs changes (Nikita Danilov)
    o Small fusion driver update (Steve Ralston)
    o Add RAID1 support promise ide raid (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Remove duplicate DEC fb config (Geert Uytterhoeven)
    o PCI type 2 access type cast fixes (Brian Gerst)
    o Add AMD761 AGP (Robert Love)
    o Fix /proc/pid/maps (Manfred Spraul)
    o Fix 8139too pio problem (Celso Gonzalez)
    o Fix SEM_UNDO wrap bug (me, Leonid Igolnik)
    o Add xircom/entrega single port USB (Greg Kroah-Hartmann,
    Brian Warner,
    Cristian Craciunescu)
    o ISOfs transparent compression, unify zlib (H Peter Anvin)
    somewhat (lots more to do there!)
    o Correct usbvideo reported procfs name (Jonas Munsin)
    o SMP safe Z85230 driver (me)
    o Merge saner parts of S/390 code drop

    o Fix mangled sun3fb bits (me)
    o Fix make rpm version bug (Russell King)
    o Work around eepro100 bug with some chip (Arjan van de Ven)
    versions on 10Mbit half duplex
    o Bring UML inlines in sync with rest of kernel (Jeff Dike)
    o UML memory protection code - main piece (Jeff Dike)
    o Clean up UML rules (Lennert Buytenhek)
    o Fix UML hang on xterm open fail (Jeff Dike)
    o Fix UML signal handling bug (Jeff Dike)
    o Fix UML out of pty's on host error reporting (Jeff Dike)
    o Add tun/tap support to UML + clean up net code (Jeff Dike)
    o Make UBD block driver handl errors properly (Will Dyson)
    o Make backfile file paths in COW headers absolute(Greg London)
    o Fix missing UML tlb flush (Jeff Dike)
    o PPC fixes for UML (Chris Emerson)
    o Declare sys_personality so UML compiles (Andrea Arcangeli)
    o Wrap host library mallocs into UML kernel (Jeff Dike)
    allocs. Also fix gprof support
    o Use -1 as "no dma" on PnPBIOS (Thomas Hood)
    o Fix sysctl log level change breakage (Randy Dunlap)
    o Document bread() (Pavel Machek)

    o Yamaha audio wakeup race fix (Pete Zaitcev)
    o 3c507 ring buffer handling fix (Mark Mackenzie)
    | It looks like the same may apply to eexpress and a few
    | others. People may want to check
    o 4.4BSD alias syle ioctl bits (Matthias Andree)
    o Fix jffs_min compile failure (Frank Davis)
    o Fix hid initialisation order (Vojtech Pavlik)
    o Add sysrq to mconsole (James Stevenson)
    o Remove dead 3c515 stuff (Andres Salomon)
    o Fix UML disk space leak (James Stevenson)
    o uml hz_to_std() (Jeff Dike)
    o uml makefile cleanup (Jeff Dike)
    o hostfs cleanup - use pread/pwrite (Jorgen Cederlof)
    o Fix oops in scsi generic (Jens Axboe)
    o Fix missing break in riva fbdev.c (Steve DuChene)
    o Push spin_trylock_bh into the headers (Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo)
    o PWC driver update ("nemosoft")
    o Fix hz_to_std macro problem (Matt)
    o Fix radeon + AMD761 lockup/corruption problem (Stephen Tweedie)
    o Intermezzo update (Peter Braam)
    o USB serial startup fix (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    o Makefile cleanups (Christoph Hellwig)
    o Code cleanup for eepro100 (Ben LaHaise)
    o Fix pid handling bug in msg queues (Mingming Cao)
    o Raid multipathing (Ingo Molnar)
    o Correct sys_setid return in md (Vojtech Pavlik)
    o Clean up isdn sc debug code (Vojtech Pavlik)
    o x86_64 random patch (Vojtech Pavlik)
    o Add x86_64 ifdefs to various places (Vojtech Pavlik)
    o Limit granch asm code to x86 fix setup code (Vojtech Pavlik)
    o Use unsigned long for flags where needed (Vojtech Pavlik)
    o Fix reiserfs writepage v truncate/mmap race (Edward Shushkin)
    o Eliminate various bits of reiserfs code and (Edward Shushkin)
    references to old ext2/minix stuff
    o Support multiple block sizes in reiserfs (Edward Shushkin)
    o Fix gcc warning building reiserfs (Edward Shushkin)
    o Fix reiserfs 32bit uid on old format (Edward Shushkin)
    o Fix yam hamradio driver (Edward Shushkin)
    o Es1888 audio divider change (Craig Mahaney)
    o Add a highmem debugging option (Christoph Hellwig)
    o Remove crud from lvm.h (Joe Thornber)
    o Replace some LVM macros with inlines (Joe Thornber)
    o Open/Close LVM PV's when using them (Joe Thornber)
    o Remove lvm_short_version (Joe Thornber)
    o Use devfs_register_blkdev etc in LVM
    o Rename fields and consider only active LVM (Heinz Mauelshagen)
    snapshots [and congratulations on the awar Heinz]
    o Change LVM locking to use rw_semaphores (Joe Thornber)
    o Assorted LVM cleanups (Joe Thornber and others)
    o IA64 processor prefetch (??)
    o Return the right thing for strnlen_user when (Andreas Schwab)
    limit = 0
    o More debug info on sysrq (Andrea Arcangeli)
    o Keyboard compile fix on Alpha (Andrea Arcangeli)
    o Shrink dcache before invalidating the inodes (Andrea Arcangeli)
    on a umount
    o Fix apm disable handling (Thomas Krennwallner)
    o CPIA locking fixes (David Hansen)
    o zap_inode_mapping function to invalidate all the(Christoph Hellwig)
    maps of an inode
    o Remove accidental leak of console_lock back (Andrew Morton)
    into -ac
    o Fix implicit declaration warning (Dave Jones)
    o Add another promise ide ident (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Ignore PRQ bit in apic flags when looking for (Randy Dunlap)
    unknown configs
    o Matrox driver update (Petr Vandrovec,
    David Hansen)
    o NULL checks in lock code (Francis Galiegue)
    o Remove duplicate bits on fbmem.c (Paul Mundt)
    o ia64 arch_init_modules fix (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Support tabstops >160 (Petr Vandrovec)
    o "noac" NFS updates (Trond Myklebust)
    o Default P5 MCE to off (me)
    o Bluesmoke updates (Dave Jones)
    o Handle cpu info that goes over a page long (James Cleverdon)
    | only tested on ia32/ia64 so far

    o Fix sign check error in death signal (Martin Macok,
    Kamil Toman)
    o Merge up to Linus 2.4.10pre9

    o Multiple swapoff fixes (Hugh Dickins);
    o Clean up the mips parts of the mem.c ifdefs (Ralf Baechle)
    o Update NCR53c700 driver, make it generic (James Bottomley,
    Richard Hirst, Rasmus Andersen, Keith Owens)
    o Recognize Radeon VE in radeonfb (Nick Kurshev)
    o MCE address reporting fix (Dave Jones)
    o APIC check fixes (Randy Dunlap)
    o Wrong SIGBUS data in siginfo fix (Daniel Kobras)
    o acpi Makefile fix (Keith Owens)
    o NTFS update (Anton Altaparmakov)
    o Parse mainboard resources inline to pnp not (Gerd Knorr)
    as pci_device objects
    o Propogate register_netdev errors out from (Dave Miller)
    o Take sound lock static (David Hansen)
    o ns83820 updates/fixes (Ben LaHaise)
    o Small arch_init_modules fix for ia64 (Maciej Rozycki)
    o pci bridge setup fixes, 64bit sign propogation (Todd Inglett)
    o Add another batch of MODULE_LICENSE tags (me)

    o ICP vortex documentation update (Boji Kannanthanam)
    o Fix farsync ioctl checks (Bob Dunlop)
    o Kiovec optimisations (Rohit Seth)
    o Fix irda-usb match flags (Adam J Richter)
    o USB serial MODULE_LICENSE tags (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    o Tidy up Changes notes to recommend gcc2.95+ ("Colonel")
    o Kill dup in usb unusual_devs table (Harald Schreiber)
    o Ethtool ioctl handling fix (Dave Miller)
    o Add S/PDIF, 4 and 6 channel audio to ICH driver (Bob Paauwe)
    o Fix compare types in ncpfs (Petr Vandrovec)
    o Add limit to bluetooth ioctl (me)
    o Fix missing channel range check in dpt_i2o (me)
    o Fix lvm checks (me)
    o Add missing wireless ioctl length check (me)
    o Fix checks in sbpcd (me)
    o Fix checks in generic ppp (me)
    o Fix check in zr36067 (me)
    o Fix checks in moxa (me)
    o Fix checks in zr36120 (me)
    o Fix Matrox DRM to mention G450 (Pavel Roskin)
    o DGRS multi-nic mode fix (Rick Richardson)
    o Reformat aztcd (no other changes) (me)
    o Clean up the mcd driver (me)
    o Remove gendisk export. Gendisk is now private (Christoph Hellwig)
    to the sane API and has proper locking
    o Highmem overflow fix (Ben LaHaise)
    o Megaraid oops fix (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Update kernel-doc-nano-HOWTO (Ken Moffat)
    o Fix sis900 kerneldoc (Ken Moffat)
    o Fix via audio kernel doc (Ken Moffat)

    o Merge from 2.4.10-pre4 except
    USB uhci controller update
    MM/buffer cache changes
    o Intermezzo update (Peter Braam)
    o Clean up gendisk common code (Christoph Hellwig)

    o Add another 1885 ident (Leon)
    o Mention G450 in the 200/400 DRI (Pavel Roskin)
    o Fix non PCI aic7xxx oops (me)
    o Correct centaur chip detection (Keith Owens)
    o Correct Dell cable detection (me)
    o Fix usb storage warning (Christoph Hellwig)
    o Fix symbol clash between core and pwc (Christoph Hellwig)
    o Comment out the visws (Christoph Hellwig)
    o Small alpha build fix (Ricky Beam)
    o NFS client update (Trond Myklebust)
    o SE401 update (Jeroen Vreeken)
    o Check proc/modules before querying it in (André Dahlqvist)
    o Add hppa to unaligned list for reiserfs (Jurriaan)
    o i2c fix (Christoph Hellwig)
    o LVM 32/64bit sort out (Patrick Caulfield)
    o Softirq update/fixups (Andrea Arcangeli)
    o Add arch_init_modules hook (Maciej Rozycki)
    o Update slab cache to do LIFO handling and clean (Andrea Arcangeli)
    up code somewhat
    o Ethtool and alias fix (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Self adjusting syscall table filler (Andrea Arcangeli)
    o typo fix (David Weinehall)

    o Update compiler requirements doc (me)
    o Fix module count leak (I hope) in cs46xx (me)
    o Fix sx.c warnings (Christoph Hellwig)
    o Fix seagate.c prototypes (Christoph Hellwig)
    o Remove non-modular stuff from mod builds (Christoph Hellwig)
    and fix warnings
    o Fix missing return value on xirc2ps (Christoph Hellwig)
    o Fix atmtcp MODULE_LICENSE (Christoph Hellwig)
    o Remove various unused code (Christoph Hellwig)
    o Switch drivers/fc4 to use module_init (Christoph Hellwig)
    o Config file fixes (Christoph Hellwig)
    o Fix AX.25 digipeat crash (Thomas Osterried)
    o DECNET update (Steven Whitehouse)
    o Fix UNUSUAL_DEV entry for eUSB SmartMedia (Andries Brouwer)
    o Remove spare maxinefb setup (Paul Mundt)
    o Add USB MODULE_LICENSE tags (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    o Update the irq fix for the i810 audio based (me)
    on further analysis by Doug Ledford
    o make rpm target bug-fixes (Eli Carter)
    o Fix missing export-objs in acpi (Keith Owens)
    o VIA ide update (support 82c576, other small (Vojtech Pavlik)
    o Fix tulip bug when using MWI experimental bits (Jeff Garzik)
    o Add MODULE_LICENSE tags to telephony (Robert Love)
    o Add MODULE_LICENSE tags to drivers/video (Robert Love)
    o Fix z2ram tag (Robert Love)
    o Ask for 255 bytes of header on scsi pages (Matt Dharm)
    | Lots of USB crap can't even get truncating right
    o Fix ver_linux for e2fsprogs 1.23 (Albert Cranford)
    o Add MODULE_LICENSE tags to zorro (Robert Love)
    o Make __module_license static (Keith Owens)
    o Merge some of the PPC64 submission (Peter Bergner, Anton Blanchard, Mike Corrigan, Dave Engebretsen,
    Tom Gall, Todd Inglett, Paul Mackerras,
    Pat McCarthy, Steve Munroe, Don Reed,
    and Al Trautman)
    | I dropped some config bits to keep stuff simpler
    | and a few files that definitely didnt follow CodingStyle
    o Merge updated gdth scsi raid driver (Achim Leubner)
    o Remove escaped debug code from ni5010 (Frank Davies)

    o Make pae i386 compile again (Russell King)
    o Add MODULE_LICENSE tagging (me)
    o Clean up aztcd (phase 1) (me)
    o Fix aztcd subchannel error reporting bug (me)
    o Reformat cdu31a pending cleanups (me)
    o Reformat cm206 pending cleanups (me)
    o Reformat gscd pending cleanups (me)
    o Reformat isp16 pending cleanups (me)
    o Reformat sjcd pending cleanups (me)
    o Reformat tpqic02 pending cleanups (me)
    o Add tags in drivers upto and including drivers/char/*
    | lots more to add yet...
    o pl2303 oops fix (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    o Sony clie updates for clie OS 4.0 (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    o Fix elf loader for prelink binaries (Jakub Jelinek)
    o Make xconfig fix (Robert Love)
    o Add reparent_to_init, fix pnp and 8139 zombies (Andrew Morton)
    o Update (Steven Cole)

    o ns83820 driver fixes and updates (Ben LaHaise)
    o updates (Steven Cole)
    o Add generic pgtable_cache_init() (Russell King)
    | and remove pae ifdefs from init/main.c
    o Fix X.75 with new hisax drivers and an isdn (Kai Germaschewski)
    disconnect race
    o Remove now defunct directory offset cast (me)
    o Make several vm behaviours tunable for now (Rik van Riel)
    | This is so we can study behaviour patterns not for
    | the long term
    o Merge an additional ide-floppy fix (Sam Varshavchik)
    | Fixed the ide floppy I/O error funny on some drives
    o Pull dac/adc rate setting into ac97_codec.c (me)
    o Update mips64 makefiles (Ralf Baechle)
    o Complete the missing bits of the proc (Ralf Baechle)
    infrastructure using constant HZ to userspace
    | This has been partial for a long time, with the mips tree
    | it actually needs to be completed...
    o Avoid oops in rivafb when using 15bit depth (Steve DuChene)
    on riva128
    o Indent seagate scsi into linux format (me)
    | Changes pending so do this in two steps..
    o pl2303 updates (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    o Orinoco update (David Gibson)
    o IRQ stack value fix (John Byrne)
    o Enable DMA on 20268R (Zygo Blaxell)
    o Add missing -EFAULT return to se401 (Pavel Machek)
    o Voodoo 1/2 frame buffer console (Ghozlane Toumi)
    o Update cache size reporting errata (Dave Jones)
    o Fix nasty oops and deadlock in i810_audio (me)

    o Fix config glitch in drivers/video/ (Steven Cole)
    o Kaweth endian fixes (Brad Hards)
    o Update the MPT fusion drivers (Steve Ralston)
    o Possible floppy probe fix (Paul Gortmaker)
    o Add the KT266 agp to the table (Kris Kersey)
    o Start convering ia32 and x86_64 mtrr code (Dave Jones)
    o Account ramdisk in out of memory code (Russell King)
    o Possible fix for cardbus allocation failures (Andreas Bombe)
    o Clean up other cases of const initdata (Dave Jones)
    o Update the keyboard rate code to be more (Dave Miller)
    flexible (needed for sparc)
    o fixes (Steven Cole)
    o Pegasus USB driver fixes (Petko Manolov)
    o Fix i810 audio pops on speed changes (Scott Herod)
    o GPIO driver for the ITE board (Hai-Pao Fan)
    o Philips Nino port update (Steven Hill, Pavel Machek)

    o Last small bits of the PPC merge (Paul Mackerras)
    o Fix compile bugs in airport driver (David Gibson)
    o ITE8172 ide updates (Steve L)
    o Add i2c drivers for the ITE board (Hai-Pao Fan)
    o AC97 register naming fix (Ralf Baechle)
    o TI 3912 serial driver (Harald Koerfgen, Jim Pick,
    Steven Hill)
    o ITE general updates (P Popov)
    o Remove double init of SGI streamable device (Ralf Baechle)
    o Update SGI indy drivers (Ralf Baechle)
    o Qtronix keyboard driver updates (P Popov)
    o Add tx3192 frame buffer support (Steven Hill)
    o MIPS frame buffer updates (Ralf Baechle)
    o Move vino.h into driver directory (Ralf Baechle)
    o Ocelot updates (Jun Sun, G Lonnon, S Kranz, Steve J)
    o DDB5 updates (Jun Sun)
    o MIPS jazz update (Ralf Baechle)
    o SGI wd33c93 update (Ralf Baechle)
    o Baget updates (Ralf Baechle)
    o SNI updates (Ralf Baechle)
    o Alchemy Au1000 support (P Popov)
    o MIPS eval board updates (Ralf Baechle, Carsten Langgaard)
    o Update Decstation serial support (Maciej W. Rozycki)
    o NEC Vrc5477 audio driver (Steve L)
    o General MIPS32 updates (Jun Sun, Ralf Baechle, Matt Porter,
    Kevin Kissell, Carsten Langgaard,
    Jan-Benedict Glaw)
    o MIPS scsi updates (Ralf Baechle)
    o Notifier signal oops fix (Benjamin Herrenschmidt)

    o Merge the fat and iso changes from 2.4.9
    o Merge the sunrpc changes from 2.4.9
    o Merge (hopefully correctly) the nfs changes
    o Switch to the 2.4.9 emu10k1 driver
    o Merge vfs directory type changes
    o Merge other oddments
    - This leaves min/max and the vm/buffer changes
    both of which are pretty dubious anyway
    o lock_kiovec page unwind fix (Velizar B)
    o do_swap_page recheck pte before failing (Linus, Jeremy Linton)
    o do_swap_page doesn't mkwrite when deleting (Linus)
    | From 2.4.9 with extra comments etc (Hugh Dickins)

    o Merge the majority of 2.4.9 except
    - min/max mess
    - fat/isofs changes
    - drm changes (some collisions with other
    - vm/buffer handling changes
    - emu10k1
    - vfs directory type changes
    - nfs/nfsd/sunrpc
    I'm trying to make sure I can keep this testable
    as 2.4.9 vanilla isnt being stable on my test sets
    This is basically a merge of all the "boring" bits.

    o Update usb network fixes (Herbert Xu)
    o HID id matching fix (Pete Zaitcev)
    o ARM i/o fixes (Russell King)
    o ARM alignment trap fixes (Russell King)
    o ARM softirq fix (Russell King)
    o Miscellaneous arm updates (Russell King)
    o updates (Andrzej Krzysztofowicz,
    Steven Cole)
    o Prefetchw macro fix (Andreas Franck)
    o Kill another bogus wbinvd macro in ACPI (Dave Jones)
    o Switch PnPBIOS to spinlocks and irq off (me)
    o Large PPC merge (Paul Mackerras)
    o Remove surplus macintosh rtc printks (Paul Mackerras)
    o Add modem power features to the mac serial (Paul Mackerras)
    o Powerbook trackpad lockup fix (Paul Mackerras)
    o Adb updates (Paul Mackerras)
    o Fix serial port base offsets (Paul Mackerras)
    o PPC sysctl code to use PPC32 not __powerpc__ (Paul Mackerras)
    | The latter is both 32 and 64 bit...
    o PowerMac pmu updates (Paul Mackerras)
    o S/390 3270 driver update (Richard Hitt)
    o MIPS docs update (Ralf Baechle)
    o Update mips maintainers entry (Ralf Baechle)
    o Update mips (Ralf Baechle)
    o Add some mips pci ids (Ralf Baechle)
    o DECstation turbochannel update (Maciej W. Rozycki,
    Ralf Baechle)
    o MIPS64 update (Ralf Baechle)

    o Remove bogus wbinvd macro in ACPI (Dave Jones)
    o Fix highmem high page races (Ben LaHaise)
    o SCSI generic driver updates (Doug Gilbert)
    o Remove unneeded fusion init call (Adam J Richter)
    o Fix init/const clashes in pci (Dave Jones)
    o Merge newer qlogic fc firmware set (Ricky Beam)
    o Add NEC DV5800A to the blacklist for DMA (Matt Domsch)
    o Add passive ISDN over USB support (Frode Isaksen,
    Kai Germaschewski)
    o Fix aha1542 flags type (Andi Kleen)
    o Macsonic kmalloc type fixes (Dave Jones)
    o lock clear_page_tables versus kswapd (Ben LaHaise)
    o Honour PnPBIOS region reservations (Gerd Knorr)
    o Made them __init and fixed problems when the (me)
    resource declaration spanned 0x100
    o Fix a rio serial type warning (me)
    o Add another byteswapped Vaio BIOS (Roger Luethi)
    o USB serial tidy ups (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    o Fix dev->actconfig changing in probe in USB (Michael Stickel)
    causing later errors

    o Fix the USB device timeout problem (Pete Zaitcev)
    o rio usb locking fixes (Oliver Neukum)
    o Fix vm86 v segment reload part 1 (Andi Kleen)
    | Still not all sorted yet
    o Airo driver update (Javier Achirica)
    o Fix bugs in usb skeleton driver (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    o Add support for USB clie serial devices (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    o USB config fix for serial debug (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    o Add support for massworks id75 usb (Greg Kroah-Hartmann)
    o Rationalise lvm version numbers (A J Lewis)
    o LVM locking changes (Joe Thornber)
    o Pull pv flush out of lvm ioctls (Heinz Mauelshagen)
    o Switch to lv_v5_t structures/types in LVM (Heinz Mauelshagen)
    o Defer LVM I/O when moving an extent (Joe Thornber,
    Andreas Dilger)
    o Fix bmap/blkszget issues in LVM (Andreas Dilger)
    o Tidy naming/devfs registrations for LVM (Patrick Caulfield)
    o Protect LVM snapshot flag removal, don't
    extend or reduce dropped snapshots,
    o Handle ELF loader setup arg pages failures (Evgeny Polyakov)
    o Add udelays to cmpci to see if it fixes (me)
    the problems a few people have
    o Put config hooks in to make qlogicfc firmware (me)
    optionally loadable for weird hardware
    | Needs a suitable firmware file adding ..
    o Update pci.ids for a couple of parisc things (Helge Deller)
    o Irda warning fixes (Pete Zaitcev)
    o Squash smp race in dsbr100 driver (Oliver Neukum)
    o Console locking fix on VT_DISALLOCATE race (Jani Jaakkola,
    Andrew Morton)
    o ipv4 raw socket oops fix (Octavian Cerna)
    o Actually use our msr register defines (Dave Jones)
    o Correct polish translation info typos (Steven Cole)
    o mm compile warning fix (Rik van Riel)
    o Updated 3ware driver (Adam Radford)
    o Add Sharp PC-RJ/AX to bad apm list (Arjan van de Ven)

    o Possible usb -110 error fix (me)
    o Page laundering fix (Rik van Riel)
    o Add another vaio to the byteswap list (Martin Mueller)
    o Fix typos in ide blacklist (Arjan van de Ven)
    o UMSDOS split directory entry handling (Istvan Varadi)
    o Update further (Steve Cole)
    o Fix bogus mtrr warning on dual pentiums (Dave Jones)
    o Update scsi tape driver (Kai Mäkisara)
    o Change memory probe constants on AWE32/64 (Dave Fennell)
    o Tiny endian reiserfs fix (just cosmetic) (Jeff Mahoney)
    o Make the md resync delay message informative (Corin Hartland-Swann)
    rather than scary
    o USB printer fixes (Oliver Neukum)
    o Add the SIS735 to the SiS AGP (Adrian)
    o Kill bogus export_objs entry in lib/Makefile (Keith Owens)
    o VIA rhine fixes (David Woodhouse)
    o Next set of superblock changes (Al Viro)
    o Don't reissue a pid that has a tgid matching (Dave McCracken)
    it still in circulation

    o Fix double mount hang on scsi cdrom, i2o or lvm (Al Viro)
    o Fix oops in msdos/umsdos (OGAWA Hirofumi)
    o Fix qnxfs hang (Serguei Tzukanov)
    o Add missing Alpha ksyms (Marc Zyngier)
    o USB oops fixes (Pete Zaitcev)
    o Apply same fix to kaweth (me)
    o Fix off by one in pcigart (Andreas Schwab)
    o Fix dasd leak (Al Viro)
    o page reactivate correction (Rik van Riel)
    o Add the 104K to the byteswapped minutes bug (Daniel Caujolle-Bert)
    o Missing USB config items (Mike Castle)
    o Fix i2o systab send id order (Klaus Beyer)
    o VMA merging fixups (Ben LaHaise)
    o Update ntfs (Anton Altaparmakov)
    o Speed up ext2 readdir/stat (Ted Tso)
    o Comment/docbook fixups (Dave Jones)
    o Add missing netif_wake_queue calls to USB (Herbert Xu)
    network drivers
    o Fix cramfs to use kmap (Herbert Xu)
    o Fix NFS client atomic_dec_and_lock symbol (Trond Myklebust)
    o Make wake_up_interrutible_sync usable in (Jeremy Elson)
    o Update PPC for kbd_rate support (Paul Mackerras)
    o Next block of tidying (Andrzej Krzysztofowicz)
    o Next block of superblock cleanup (Al Viro)
    o Update hp scanner driver for USB (Oliver Neukum)
    o Clean up ibm partition code (Al Viro)

    o Further small DRI/AGP updates (Jeff Hartmann)
    o Update master makefile to force offset.h/ (Andi Kleen)
    version.h/depend order (needed for x86-64)
    o Merge x86-64 architecture port code (Andi Kleen and co)
    o Merge ixj update (Craig Southern)
    o Further ixj cleanup/merge tweaks (me)
    | Ie don't blame him ;)
    o Grand config file cleanup (Andrzej Krzysztofowicz,
    Steven Cole)
    o Add another byteswap vaio (Ray Lee)
    o Correct partition check oops fix (Kevin Flemming)
    o via82cxx IDE DMA updates (Vojtech Pavlik)
    | Enable 8231/8233 support, handle slightly
    | out of spec PCI from 1.3GHz/12.5x Athlon
    o Rip min/max use entirely out of isdn (Kai Germaschewski)
    | To handle 2.4.9 compat disaster
    o Update K6 bug url (André Dahlqvist)
    o Possible fix for trix ad1848 fail (me)
    o Add pci quirk warning for AMD766 errata 22 (me)
    | Based on multiple "yes noapic fixed my
    | dual athlon" reports.

    o Pull Linus buffer.c/mem fixes into 2.4.8-ac (Rik van Riel)
    o Make writeout smoother on zone specific (Marcelo Tosatti)
    o Fix an md oops (Neil Brown)
    o AD1848 isapnp handling (Miguel Freitas)
    o sr_ioctl capacity reporting fix (Jens Axboe)
    o Starfire update (Ion Badulescu)
    o cmpci update (Carlos Gorges)
    o UDF update, fix delete BUG() trap (Ben Fennema)
    o Move nmi defines so asm/irq.h isnt required (Russell King)
    o Add experimental requirement to intermezzo (Andrzej Krzysztofowicz)
    o Fix missing include (Tom Rini)
    o Small eepro100 test updates (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Reiserfs transaction tracking update (Chris Mason)
    | Speeds up O_SYNC and fsync
    o Update vfs_permission, handle root exec (Christoph Hellwig)
    o First piece of the CyberPro 5050 audio merge (Peter Wächtler)
    o Tidy i810_audio cornercases of OSS compliance (Laurent Pinchart)
    o IDE cdrom blacklist updates for DMA (Matt Domsch)
    o Merge some i810 updates (Doug Ledford)
    o Fix bug in i810 device removal (me)
    | fortunately nobody yet has multiple ICH audio in one box 8)
    o Natsemi gige driver (Ben LaHaise)
    o Allow more I/O addresses on msnd_pinnacle (Steve Sycamore)
    o Correct sys_tz definition (Andi Kleen)
    o Remove unused prototypes from md (Andi Kleen)
    o Fix flags wrong types in usb (Andi Kleen)
    o Fix assorted wrong flags, add x86_64 defines (Andi Kleen)
    o Fix flags types in i2o (Jes Sorensen)
    o Add another vaio byteswap case (Stelian Pop)
    o Add devfs support to usb scanner (Yves Duret)
    o Fix an ess solo warning (Christoph Hellwig)
    o Fix flags types in 3ware driver (Jes Sorensen)
    o Fix generic serial warnings (Christoph Hellwig)
    o Fix flag types in firewire drivers (Jes Sorensen)
    o Fix flag types in dz serial (Jes Sorensen)
    o Extend short name handling in fat based fs's (OGAWA Hirofumi)
    o Fix flag types in n_r3964 (Jes Sorensen)
    o x86_64 ifdef hooks for raid and fbcon (Andi Kleen)

    o Next batch of IDE driver updates (Andre Hedrick)
    | qd6580 driver becomes a qd65xx driver
    | 80pin cable detect for serverworks on Dell
    | Mode5 on SIS chipsets
    o Handle ARM mmap were FIRST_USER_PGD_NR is not (Russell King)
    o Make the sl82c105.c code common between ARM (Paul Mackerras)
    and PPC
    o Update cisco hdlc handling in the isdn layer (Bjoern Zeeb)
    o Add called party number to isdn tty emulation (Jan Oberlaender,
    Kai Germaschewski)
    o Eicon warning fix (Kai Germaschewski)
    o Tiny agp cleanup in severworks code (Mike Harris)
    o Switch to 2.4.8 nr_free_buffer_pages (Rik van Riel)
    o Change bootmem bitmap setup (Rik van Riel)
    o Unlazy the queue movement when we touch
    inactive cache pages (VM balance assumed this) (Rik van Riel)
    o Update the orinoco drivers (David Gibson)
    o Update natsemi driver (experimentally anyway) (Tim Hockin)
    o Update hpt366 blacklists (Kevin Fleming)
    o Reclaim buffer cache into inactive list when (Rik van Riel)
    it is too large
    o Documentation tidy ups (Steven Cole)
    o Switch map_user_kiobuf to use down_read (Ben LaHaise)

    o ADFS date/time computation fix (Russell King)
    o Add ALS120 ident to ns558 joystick (Filip Van Raemdonck)
    o Make Reiserfs endian and alignment safe (Jeff Mahoney)
    | Fixes IA64 indirect alignment, S390 alignment
    | Big endian
    | Update inode generator
    o Enable input drivers on ARM (Russell K
    o Add intermezzo file system kernel side (Peter Braam and co)
    o First blocks of ppc64 merge (Paul Mackerras, Anton Blanchard,
    Tom Gall and the IBM PPC 64 team)
    o Fix return value bug in mac nvram driver
    o Make oom killer kill all threads of a set (Eric Lammerts)

    o Update ISDN cvs idents (Kai Germaschewski)
    o Update isdn experimental idents (Kai Germaschewski)
    o Add Compaq Phoenix 4.06 to irqsafe APM (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Remove rockridge printk generating too much (Mikael Pettersson)
    debug output
    o Add a needed include of delay.h (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Revert access DAC change (me)
    | Breaks in some cases
    o ARM documentation, credits, maintainer updates (Russell King)
    o Atyfb build fixups (Stelian Pop)
    o merges (Steven Cole)
    o Initial merge of dpt_i2o.c (Deanna Bonds, Bob Pasteur,
    Karen White, Mark Salyzyn)
    o Teach i2o_core to skip dpt cards (me)
    o Sony Pi driver update (Stelian Pop)

    o Fix suspend/resume bugs in eepro100 (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Fix missing spec required delays in PCI PM (me)
    o Disable PM on eepro100, it breaks even with (me)
    those fixed
    o Resynchronize (Steven Cole)
    o Further superblock handling updates (Al Viro)
    o Fix various GPL misreferences (Andrzej Krzysztofowicz)
    o Updated A20 gate switching code to handle (Peter Anvin)
    odd (Olivetti etc) and no legacy boxes
    o Fix expand_stack race (Manfred Spraul)
    o Fix a malloc failure path in ipc (Manfred Spraul)
    o Revert 2.4.8 scsi_lib change (hangs ide-scsi (Arjan van de Ven)
    on some drives)
    o Fix binfmt elf strlen->strnlen_user (me)
    o Add additional checking to binfmt_elf (me)
    | Last two based on Solar Designers 2.2 work
    o Make pnp_bios dock thread exit when it finds (me)
    docking isnt supported
    o Ext3 file system updates (Andrew Morton,
    Stephen Tweedie)
    o Merge common components of uhci drivers (Brad Hards)
    o Remove crud from media Makefile (Keith Owens)
    o Fix build on Alpha (David Gilbert)
    o DRM warning/oops fix (Arjan van de Ven)
    o Fix i810 audio return funny (Laurent Pinchart)
    o Fix ldm partition checking (Richard Russon)
    o Agpgart typo fix (Mike Harris)
    o Revert emu10k changes in 2.4.8, wait until the (me)
    maintainers actually have debugged code and
    want an update
    o Fix a compile fail case for the 53c700 driver (Andrzej Krzysztofowicz)
    o ARM core and video updates (Russell King)

    o Merge Linus 2.4.8
    - Skip VM changes for now
    o Fix sblive build problems (Rui Sousa)
    o Add Fernando Fuganti to credits (Fernando Fuganti)
    O Revert printk return change (Andrew Morton)
    o Add drm-4.0 to mod_subdirs (Brian Dushaw)
    o Bluez bluetooth updates (Maksim Krasnyanskiy)
    o Fix serverworks AGP memory leak (Hugh Dickins)
    o Update DRM 4.1 for Alpha AGPGart support (Jay Estabrook,
    Jeff Hartmann)
    o Fix depca crash on unload (Peter Denison)

    Alan Cox <>
    Red Hat Kernel Hacker
    & Linux 2.2 Maintainer Brainbench MVP for TCP/IP

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:03    [W:0.073 / U:41.068 seconds]