    SubjectRe: all files are executable in vfat
    Date
    I also faced this  litte problem.

    > Maybe by default (v)fat permissions should be
    > a+x on directories and a-x on files. But then

    I could live with this solution.

    I could also live with a dmask option. But then it would be great to have
    this option with every file system not only vfat.

    > do a-x on files so this would be explicit? Maybe
    > is would be better to put back the old logic? :-)

    This i my preferred solution. I cannot image a situation where it is useful,
    to have a execution flag on all files, if the file system has a noexec flag.
    But I see a lot of problems, like the Midnight Commander Logic.
    On the other side, it is quite sensible to remove the execution flags from a
    file if you cannot execute them.

    greetings

    Christian Bornträger

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:03    [W:0.026 / U:29.896 seconds]